Search This Site

IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR SOMEONE IS IN DANGER, CALL 911.   Report an Incident   COVID-19 Compliance Reporting

The Lawn in the fall

Support a Friend

See how you can provide support to someone who has been involved with sexual violence.


Just Report It (JRI) is the University's online system for reporting:

  • Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Violence
  • Bias and Discrimination/Harassment
  • Hazing
  • Clery Act Compliance (by CSAs)
  • Interference with Speech Rights
  • Youth Protection
  • Preventing & Addressing Threats or Acts of Violence

You may access Confidential Resources if you wish to discuss a concern or incident without reporting to the University at this time. Information you share with Confidential Resources will not be disclosed to University officials or any other person except in extremely limited circumstances.

University students and employees may make a report through JRI concerning:

Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Violence

Sexual Harassment as defined by Title IX, which includes Quid Pro Quo Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking on the basis of sex in an education program or activity (“Title IX Prohibited Conduct”) and other forms of sexual and gender-based misconduct, including Non-Consensual Sexual Contact, Non-Consensual Sexual Intercourse, Sexual Exploitation, Intimate Partner Violence, Stalking, Quid Pro Quo Harassment, Hostile Environment Harassment, Complicity in the commission of any act prohibited by this policy, and Retaliation against a person for the good faith reporting of any of these forms of conduct or participation in any investigation or proceeding under this policy (“Sexual or Gender-Based Prohibited Conduct”) (collectively, “Prohibited Conduct”) under the University’s Sexual Misconduct Policy.



Bias or Discrimination/Harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, military status (including active duty service members, reserve service members, and dependents), national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, or family medical or genetic information, under the University’s Preventing and Addressing Discrimination and Harassment (PADH) policy.



Hazing, meaning any action taken or situation created by a member or members of a student organization toward one or more organization members or prospective members in connection with initiation, admission, affiliation, or ongoing membership in the organization when the action or situation (A) occurs on University-owned or leased property or at University-sponsored or supervised functions or at the local residence of any University student, faculty member, or employee, and (B) is designed to produce or does produce mental or physical harassment, humiliation, fatigue, degradation, ridicule, shock, or injury, as described by the University’s Hazing Policy.


Clery Reports

Clery Act Compliance for University officials designated as Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998 (Clery Act).


Interference with Speech Rights

Non-emergency reports concerning any incident of disruption of constitutionally protected speech (including, but not limited to distribution of literature or public speaking under the University's Use of University Facilities or Property and Limits on Direct Solicitation and Advertising Policy). See the Free Speech website.


Youth Protection

All affiliated persons, visiting faculty/scholars, volunteers, and third party members of the University community who, in their professional or official capacity have reason to suspect child abuse or neglect, must report the matter immediately to the local department of social services of the county or city wherein the child resides or wherein the abuse or neglect is believed to have occurred or to the Virginia Department of Social Services (DSS) toll-free child abuse and neglect hotline 1-800-552-7096 and to the University of Virginia Office of Youth Protection.


Preventing & Addressing Threats or Acts of Violence

Violent and/or threatening behavior encompasses a range of activities occurring on or off University or Medical Center grounds and generates reasonable concern for personal or community safety.


Third-Party Reports

You must be a University student or employee to make a report through Just Report It (JRI). If you are not a University student or employee, you may report information by contacting the relevant office (see above).

Anonymous Reporting

Any report you make through Just Report It (JRI) will identify you as the reporter. If you wish to report an incident anonymously, you may download and print a PDF reporting form and transmit or deliver the completed form to the appropriate office, as listed below, either by e-mail or by phone from a restricted number or e-mail address—without revealing your identity. If you are reporting anonymously, please provide as much information as possible, including the time, date, and location of the incident and a detailed description of the incident. Note that consistent with University policy, Responsible Employees may not report anonymously.

(Please note that the University’s ability to respond effectively to the information you provide may be limited in the case of anonymous reporting.)

  • Title IX Office
    O'Neil Hall, Room 037
    (Title IX Policy)
  • EOCR Main Office
    Washington Hall (Hotel B), East Range
    (Discrimination/Harassment Policy)
  • Office of the Dean of Students
    Peabody Hall, Second Floor
    (Bias, Hazing and Interference with Speech Rights)
  • The Hazing Hotline
    (434) 243-HAZE (4293)

Whether or not you make a report, you may discuss an incident confidentially with any of the following Confidential Resources:

See a complete list of Confidential Resources located at the University and within the local community.

Report an Incident

Emergency: 911
If this is an emergency or you wish to report a crime in progress, or an act or threat of violence, please call 911 immediately.